Monday, August 6, 2007

Careful with your headphones

Just a heads-up to anyone who uses headphones with their PC very much.

This is a picture of the laptop I use 99% of the time:



See how the headphone/microphone ports are right next to a pair of USB ports? With nothing between them?

I was distracted just now while plugging in my headphones. Managed to miss the hole, and stuck the plug in my USB port instead. BAM, computer was immediately hard-shutdown. Not sure what got shorted out, but I would have lost any unsaved work. Luckily, on rebooting everything seems to be working fine.

Now to dig out one of my old beater desktops and see how many "mistakes" like this it takes to do permanent damage :-D

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow.. that's.. uhh.. that's kinda cool actually. lol

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).